It is high time we stop treating COVID 19 so casually. The situation right now is no less than existential crisis for the whole race. The government has been taking precautionary measures and it is our duty as responsible human beings to do the same. Here is how you should be careful while Eating in the Time of COVID 19.
View this post on Instagram
Social distancing is the best thing to do and there is no fail safe method of protecting against this virus. Please stop stepping out. This Pandemic if spreads in the nation might lead to a medical catastrophe. Avoid eating or drinking in bars, restaurants, and food courts. Here is what all precautionary measures should be taken while Eating In The Time Of COVID 19
Avoid Sugary foods
The key point to remember is to eat healthy and nutrition rich food.There is no such evidence that links the spread to sugary foods but as precautionary measure we can all practise that. The reason behind avoiding sugary foods is that they can have an impact on your immune system which is what nobody wants at this time. Consider stalking up more on the healthier vegetables and nuts rather than\n sugary foods.
Increase Vitamin Consumption
There is no immunity booster as good as the vitamins so increasing the consumption of vitamins in your daily diet might actually make a difference. It is also advisable not to follow the so called insta fitness gurus. Some of them have been addressing their followers to take heavy doses of multivitamin pills to stay safe. To clarify, these heavy doses might cause dizziness and serious side effects on your health.The consequence might be damaged organs, coma and even death.
So please prefer the natural sources of vitamins. Eat vitamin rich fruits and vegetables. Some exposure to sunlight is also important, not to mention sunlight is the richest source of vitamin D. Our Immune system needs Vitamin D to fight against pathogens like these.
Avoid Processed Foods
Heavily processed foods often include unhealthy levels of added sugar, sodium and fat. These ingredients make the food we eat taste better, but too much of them lead to serious health issues like obesity, heart diseases, high blood pressure and diabetes.Apart from Lacking in nutritional value they put a risk to our immune system. So it is a big big no to refined or processed foods. Also cutting down on the oil consumption might help.
Do Not Dine Out
Social distancing is the only solution yet so sticking to it is what we should all do. And if we are following that, we should not be dining out. All the restaurants and diners attend to hundreds of people a day, some of which might be infected. Also please avoid takeaway and home deliveries. The hygiene level of the kitchens where the food is being prepared is not known. The food they serve might be unfit for consumption.
Last but not the least, sharing some of the super foods that you need to add to your diet right away. These foods will build your immune system and help in boosting your metabolism.
- Garlic – Loaded with a compound known as allicin, garlic is said to have the potential to ward off infections from within when consumed on a regular basis. Allicin is a compound which is thought to fight viruses and boost immunity.
- Citrus Fruits – Eat lots of citrus fruits, Vitamin C is an immunity booster.
- Cinnamon – Apart from the exotic flavour that cinnamon has, a scientific study proves that cinnamon has anti-viral properties. You can simply soak a cinnamon stick in water overnight and drink it the next morning.
- Liquorice root (Mulethi) – According to a paper published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), the active compounds found in liquorice root “may possess many pharmacological activities, such as antiviral, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antitumor and other activities.” So just add it to your tea or soak it in a glass of water overnight and drink it the next day.
- Mushrooms – These babies are packed with beta-glucans which are known to be antiviral and antibacterial compounds. Not only do they help in giving a kickstart to your immunity but also appear to subside inflammation.
- Amla – One of the strongest immunity boosters, amla supports liver function and flushes out toxins from the body. Along with that it is also a very rich source of vitamin C.
- Tulsi – Add a few tulsi leaves to your tea or soak them in your drinking water. This Superfood combats Respiratory Ailments, relieves symptoms of asthma, bronchitis, colds, congestion, coughs, flu, sinusitis and sore throat. It lowers blood pressure, reduces Stress ,treats gastrointestinal disorders, relieves arthritis and also regulates Blood Sugar.
Hope that was helpful! Please let us know in the comments section below. Stay Home and Stay safe guys!